Monday, July 6, 2015

One summers’ evening

DSC01941 (1400x914)Shakespeare's comedy Midsummer Night’s Dream was presented in the Savill Gardens over the weekend: it was a lovely show on a perfect summer evening.  We walked through the gardens from one setting to another as 12 players surrounded us with the story of the games of the Gods, of loves lost and found.  The encircling forest gave the production an immersive quality: the portion where the searching lovers cry out to one another over the reaches of rolling lawns and flower beds was especially effective. 

The play continues through July and is well worth an evening.

DSC01949 (1400x1138)DSC01937 (1400x933)DSC01945 (1400x1317)

I’ve been absent these pages for a month due to the sudden and unexpected passing of my son.  I needed the time with family, and I want to thank all of the valuable, sometimes unexpected, support that I received from others.  IMG_4046With time and reflection, I’ll find the wisdom and resilience to make peace with this crooked turn along life’s path.

Telling stories through photography, art, writing, have always helped me to be aware of my context and to make sense of my experiences.   However, in this circumstance I knew that I needed to take a hiatus. 

A month on, I feel ready to return. Despite the loss and sadness, I know that my life remains filled with remarkable scenes and stories, generous people and much happiness.  There will be a time when I am ready to write my remembrance for my son.  But, for now, recognizing and appreciating the best things in life through these daily perspectives is what I most want, and need.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home