Wednesday, May 13, 2015

London to Studland Bay

DSC00893 (1400x933)It’s been a road week, headed north out of the weekend, a big pitch in London on Tuesday then back to Poole this morning.  We are on a two-pronged strategy for fundraising, one aimed at a couple of healthcare groups who could invest larger amounts, the other to secure a flock of angel investors who could invest smaller amounts, collectively large.  Either one puts us over the line and closes the round, opening a clear path to product approval and market.

DSC00890 (1400x933) DSC00903 (1400x1114)

I arrived in London early for Tuesday’s meeting, trying to find the London Library so that I could sit and practice for a couple of hours.  But I got lost along the way to St James Square, finding myself on the meandering paths and reflecting ponds of St. James Park. 

It made more sense to enjoy a serendipitous moment than to try to correct the error.

DSC00896 (1400x933) DSC00900 (1400x1300)

The talks went very well, and we start diligence on Thursday.  I headed back to Poole to prepare, breaking only for a supplier meeting in a Sandbanks café.  We finished business with an hour still on my parking, so I went out along the sands to take a few pictures.

DSC00915 (1400x920) DSC00919 (1400x945)

One of the Tall Ships from the Poole Boat show was rounding Old Harry’s Rocks into Studland Bay.  Racing it to Sandpoint Terminal, I was able to arrive just before it motored through the harbour entrance.

DSC00921 (926x1400) DSC00925 (1400x919)

A friend recommended taking the 100 day Happiness Challenge.  The goal is to submit one picture that makes me happy, every day for 100 days in a row.  The organizers claim that benefits include

– Start noticing what makes them happy everyDSC00938-ANIMATION day,
– Be in a better mood every day,
– Start receiving more compliments from other people,
– Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have,
– Become more optimistic.

I have to admit that I’m liking the whole idea, breaking up the travel with a trial run on instagram.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home