Saturday, December 15, 2012

Magisch Maastricht

It’s war and wet in Maastricht this weekend, but the weather doesn’t dampen enthusiasm for the local Christmas Market, on the Vrijthof through January 1 2013.  Although it doesn’t compare with the big celebrations in Koln or Brussels, it’s a well-proportioned local event, with rides, shopping stalls, grilled krakauer sausages, mulled gluhwein, and a busy skating rink.

And a commemorative mok, this year going for 2.50 euro.

The lights are especially good this year, and I’ve been over to wander the grounds and take  few pictures ‘twixt nibbles and sips.

     

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger roxa:ne said...

Hi David,
I ended up on your blog while browsing the internet for a Magisch Maastricht "mok" of 2013. I see you purchased the 2012 edition. Do you by any chance have the one from a year later?
I had my first date with my now-husband at the christmas market of Maastricht in 2013. Ever since we visit the market every year and also get the mug as a souvenir. Since we missed out on buying the the one from 2013 I thought of surprising him by finding it and giving it to him for christmas. Could you maybe help me?
Cheers,
Roxána

October 12, 2016 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home