Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father’s day memories

Fathers day 1Father’s day is always a bit wistful: everyone far away, it’s a bit of a scramble to catch people by phone, and lots of folks my age have lost their’s.  I’m fortunate, still with mine to talk to about life events and when the road get’s rough.  So, I do my shopping and shipping weeks in advance (a bottle of 16-year Single Malt in a mailer marked FRAGILE: Lava Lamp).

 Graduation 07 Punting the Cam 06

My own children, in contrast, can be …well…a bit last-minute.

However, this year, my daughter is using a Fathers day 2portion of her convalescence to organize and scan decades of old family photos.  These treasures have been languishing in a very crowded bedroom drawer, lovingly added to after every vacation and holiday, year after sedimentary year.  There are lots of good memories there, and I’m hopeful that we’ll get them into some sort of chronologic (or at least subject) order soon.

So Father’s Day was a Fathers day 3good opportunity for her to post a few memorable shots on Facebook.  I woke to find my younger self (with real  blond, rather than birch-bark blond hair) and my much younger offspring decorating my Wall.  Cute.

‘hard to believe we were all that cute…once.

A very happy Father’s Day to all!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home