Sunday, January 1, 2012

HNY 2012

DSC078312011 ended quietly, somewhere over Greenland.

It’s hard to say where, even when the calendar rolled over to 2012.  I know that I left Seattle on Saturday afternoon, clear skies, unseasonably warm temperatures, and a lovely view of The Mountain over the hangers.

I dropped into New York City about 9 pm, the city aglow and the skyline shimmering in a faint haze.  Television monitors in the deserted SkyLounge showed massive crowds jamming into Times DSC07844Square: no fireworks dotted the horizon when I left at 10:30 pm.

I would have expected an announcement from the captain, perhaps a bit of champagne instead of wine for the discount-seekers filling his plane on a holiday evening.  A friend told me this afternoon that BA did hold a small celebration aboard his flight.

But ours passed quietly. I landed at Heathrow at 11 am on Jan 1, 2012, to  clear skies, unseasonably warm temperatures, and a lovely view of, well, Hounslow over the hangers.

So, in the absence of alternative New Year’s Celebrations, I publish this year’s “Dad And Daughter” picture: Happy New Year from the random salmon sculpture marking the entrance to metropolitan Woodinville.  I wish you all the very best!

2011 Dave and Laura

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home