Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back across the Channel

DSC01356

I drove back to the UK at mid-week, facing a solid round of meetings and palm-pressing for organizing the businesses and raising funds.  I have a good mental picture now of how all of the moving parts of this operation should mesh together, but it’s tricky getting everyone lined up (and paying up).  I need to shift my focus to the operations side of things within the next month or so, so a major goal si to hand off the business development and fundraising tasks.

I left Liege with 3 1/2 hours to make the Dunkirk ferry.  Unfortunately, given traffic around Brussels and slowings near Ghent, it took 4 hours to make the 2 1/2 hour drive.  That meant waiting for two hours to make the next, 10pm ferry, so I didn’t arrive at Cambridge until <groan> 2 am.

And that, in turn, was enough to turn a mild case of sniffles to a raging cold by by morning.  Lack of sleep and cold meds put me out f most of the first day here.  Although I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself, I’ve planned a deliberately slow weekend.

‘Just as well, rain and cold have moved into the area for the next few days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home