Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the road again

Flights were leaving from Schiphol yesterday; I took the train north to catch my mid-afternoon flight and made it over without incident.  There were more police around the check-in areas and they had walled off the ticket counters, passengers had to go outside then back in through a single entrance.  Crowd control I suppose.  But things were on-time and low-key – we flew too far south to see the volcano but the air layers were the usual translucent blue rather than ash-grey.

I dropped into ABQ SunriseAlbuquerque at  sundown amidst towering purple and gold clouds from a weather system causing tornadoes in Texas.  The colors here are amazing; I’m going to enjoy taking it all in during my first visit here.  There was snow in the mountains last night and a bite in the air this morning, unexpected when I come this far south.  But at over 6000 feet I guess it’s not surprising.

Two days of meetings ahead and a side trip to Santa Fe before headed back to Europe.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa Fe is my favorite place. Try the Chocolate Maven for breakfast or lunch. You will not regret it. A margarita on the deck of the Inn of the Anasazi or paella and sangria at El Meson.

April 23, 2010 at 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Invader_Stu said...

I have a flight to look forward to on Monday. It's good to hear things are getting back to normal.

April 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Dave Hampton said...

Thanks for the recommendation; I'll look for the Chocolate place when I'm there.

Best of luck with the flight Stu; I'm headed back tuesday. Does this mean that you'll miss Queen's Day this year?

April 24, 2010 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Dave Hampton said...

I found the Inn of the Anasazi and that was nice. The hotel pointed out the Chocolate place, but it was too far to get to without a car. Next time...I really liked the city and will definitely return. Many thanks for the recommendations!

April 27, 2010 at 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home