Monday, February 15, 2010

Carnivale costumes

  Despite the weather, there were a lot of creative costumes in the parade this year.  Political satire was less evident than last year, and good student entries like the Bob Ross Artists Guild were few and far between.  Still, there was color, noise, smiles, and dancing: everything needed to warm a chilly February afternoon.

More pictures on my Flickr page.

 

    I always like the ‘big / small contrasts: when do Dutch kids hit their growth spurt?

 

 

 

 

Amanda had a great picture of this outfit too: the most colorful horn player in the parade.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love seeing all the colors and costumes!

February 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger thamarai said...

Hey we actually must have been at the same place..one of our pictures match..:)

February 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Invader_Stu said...

I've never been to Maastricht during carnival. It looks great though. I will have to go one year.

February 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Dave Hampton said...

OranjeF, thanks for the comment, I've enjoyed your posting about Carnivale in New Orleans. I used to attend before the hurricane, and it was always a special time.

Thamarai, I hadn't seen your blog before, and enjoy your writing. Thanks for looking in; I wonder if you are in any of my pictures?

Stu, I'll buy the first two rounds of beer! (and not the watered stuff they sell on the streets either :) )

February 20, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home