Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Obama flag?

image A bit of fun regarding the right-wing fringe in the United States, and the somewhat-American flag shown to the left.

According to BlatherWatch, Bob Grant, (host of a conservative radio show on WABC) has noted "[W]hat is that flag that Obama's been standing in front of that looks like an American flag, but instead having the field of 50 stars representing the 50 states, there's a circle?“

It was later picked up at other right-wing blogs:

At an Ohio campaign stop last week Obama gave a speech with a background of American flags which is quite common. However, if you look closely some of the flags are not American flags. The blue field has been changed to show an Obama seal. Yes, there are also stars but have no pattern and they do not add up to 50.

With Obama making his own seal and now this it looks like maybe he is putting some credence to the recent article by Stanley Kurtz in the National Review. Is he planning on creating an African county within the US.

I think the presence of these flags should be viewed with alarm. And I don't want to hear any looney left comments that they are only decoration. They ARE a modification of the American Flag.

As someone born in Cleveland, I can confidently say that the flag is not one for Obama, but the official flag of the great State of Ohio. Easy mistake, I guess…

These people can’t really get into the White House for another eight years, can they? I received my absentee ballot last week, so I’m off to fill it in (sorry, John; sorry Sarah).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I laughed outloud when I read this! The flag for Ohio! They sure want to find any reason possible, even if it means behaving so highly uneducated. Thanks for sharing! Only makes me even prouder I had voted for Obama ;-)

October 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home