Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Brandenburg 4th I'm in Berlin this 4th, attending a cardiology conference.  I was surprised to find that they were celebrating the 'American' 4th with gusto here: there were paired German and US flags fluttering everywhere and a soundstage near the Brandenburg Gate that wouldn't be out of place in Milwaukee.

It turns out that a new American embassy is opening here today, and the city is celebrating.  Inexplicably, the concert features Loony Tunes, but at least the hot dogs are off the grill and slathered with mustard.

So, Happy "AmerikaFest 2008" !

DSC08867

DSC08877 DSC08881

DSC08884 DSC08876DSC08871 DSC08879

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!
Did you have a hotdog as well? I sure would've loved this event!

July 8, 2008 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Dave Hampton said...

There's something frightening about a half-meter long wurst (there were meter-long ones as well), but I overcame my fears to have a really delicious german sausage. Definately beats the McDonalds hamburger that I usually celebrate with (the only one all year!)

July 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home