Wednesday, March 5, 2008

'Made it to Israel

I'm in Jerusalem: really an amazing city to see for the few hours that I've been here.

The county is surprisingly green and compact: the settlements of the West Bank, for example, are a stones throw (literally) from the city and the highway.  There are a surprisingly high proportion of American evangelicals around the airports and hotels (probably due to the Easter holiday nearby), but the city itself is diverse and vibrant.  I'm really looking forward to getting a formal guide through the Old City on Friday.

A few pictures:

Jerusalem 35

Jerusalem 48

 Jerusalem 26

Jerusalem 33

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger the rabbi's wife said...

If you're still in Israel and want to meet people, I live in the Jewish Quarter. I've been reading your blog for months now.
my email is rabbiswife@gmail.com. write and I'll send my phone number so we can arrange a meeting.
Ahava

March 9, 2008 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Dave Hampton said...

Drat; I'm sorry I missed you. Internet was intermittant, and I didn't get your post until this evening when I had already left.

Jerusalem was absolutely amazing: you are lucky to have such a rich and diverse (and warm (people and climate)!) place to live. I'll definately be back, and hope to meet you on a future visit.

March 10, 2008 at 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home